Saturday, April 24, 2010

Run Like a Mother: How to Get Moving-- and Not Lose Your Job, Family, or Sanity

by Sarah Bowen Shea and Dimity McDowell

I will never run marathons like the authors of Run Like a Mother, but I still really enjoyed the book. (I'm perfectly willing to read books about things I'll never do if they're well written. For example, I enjoy reading about organizing one's home and clipping coupons even though I have no interest in actually doing either.) The writing in Run Like a Mother is funny and compelling. There's lots of practical advice. I wanted to keep reading. One criticism: some of the cultural references in the book (music and clothing advice, for example) will become dated pretty quickly. But this is a book I will probably go back and read at least sections of again, which means I found it pretty darn useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment