Sunday, April 4, 2010

Apple Turnover Murder

by Joanne Fluke

I admit it. I love cozy mysteries. Especially food mysteries. With recipes. I have secret fantasies of someday writing cozy mysteries set in Satanta. I know these books have absolutely no literary merit. And I can't even use the excuse that I'm reading them so I can recommend books to my kids at school. But I love them all the same.

I like Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson series (not as much as I like Dianne Mott Davidson, but still....), and Apple Turnover Murder doesn't disappoint. Sure, I started figuring things out pretty early, but that just makes me feel smart. The recipes aren't particularly ground-breaking, but that just makes me feel cosmopolitan. And there are enough unraveled threads at the end to make me want to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment