Sunday, April 4, 2010

Her Fearful Symmetry

by Audrey Niffenegger

I loved, loved, loved, loved Niffenegger's first novel The Time Traveler's Wife, but Her Fearful Symmetry just didn't compare. It's a totally different book, so maybe it's unfair to compare them. But The Time Traveler's Wife sucked me in. I wanted to live in that book. I couldn't put it down. Even when I reread it, I can't put it down. But even though this book was well-written, I sometimes had trouble picking it back up when I put it down. I just didn't like the characters. And I know I wasn't supposed to, but it made me not always want to read. And the ending was really sad. It was supposed to be sad. The book wasn't terrible or anything, but I just didn't love it the way I had hoped I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment